There are few things in life more terrifying to homeowners than the words “broken sewer line”— a phrase that brings to mind horrible thoughts of wastewater flooding your home and ruining personal belongings. While most sewer line emergencies are not this drastic, they are definitely something that you want to get taken care of sooner rather than later. Here are some of the main causes of damaged sewer lines and how you can get them fixed by a certified plumber quickly.
Cracked sewer lines are one of the more common problems that homeowners are likely to encounter with their homes and one that can cause a significant amount of expense and damage. There are several reasons that sewer pipes can become cracked or damaged, including:
- Movement of the earth from settling or small earthquakes
- Ground temperatures that are above or below the stated limit for the pipe materials
- Corrosion of metal pipes
- Pressure from the waste water and the ground
No matter what kind of problem you’re having with your sewer lines, professional plumbers at Crawford Mechanical Services can help you get them resolved quickly. If the problems are under your home, there are several options for trenchless pipe repair that may reduce or eliminate the need for costly and intrusive digging. Most sewer pipe problems will require a trained professional plumber to diagnose and treat the problems.
Signs of Plumbing Problems
How can you tell if you’ve got a plumbing problem? Not every issue is signified by wastewater shooting into the air from your sinks. Many problems start small and can be fixed inexpensively as long as you catch them soon enough. If you notice any of the following, it’s a good idea to call a plumber from Crawford Mechanical Services at 614-478-9424 in the Ohio area so you can get them checked out:
- Sewer gas odor anywhere in your home or on your property
- Problems with mold or mildew near a sewer line exit
- Blockages or backups in your sinks, toilets or showers
- Cracked or shifting pavers in your yard near the sewer line
- Drains that are slow even after using normal drain cleaning methods
- Lush patches of grass
- Sinkholes in your yard or cracks in your foundation
- Finding septic waste in your yard
- Sewer lines that are visible above the grass and dirt lines
If you see any of these problems, don’t wait! Call Crawford Mechanical Services’ 24-hour Emergency Service line today! Waiting rarely solves problems with your sewer lines. The issue will only get worse the longer you wait. Don’t let your home or yard get taken over by muck and wastewater. Give us a call today and our licensed and insured technicians will help you, no matter the scale of your problem!